Jan 29, 2008

US OPEN


As you know we got tix to this years open. This last weekend they played the same course they will be playing in the open. Tiger just killed the field over the weekend and won by 9 strokes. This will be a repeat come June and the only question I have is who will finish second? While watching on TV I was looking for a hole to camp out at and watch the players. I think I like the par 5 13th hole. It will play 625yds, and going for it in two will be a second shot of over 275 yds. It should be fun. Now I have to think about who to follow. I will not follow tiger or phill cuz of the crowds. You can follow a top 20 guy and be right on the ropes with them, I do not think any other sport allows you that close to a pro. Maybe Bubba Watson (he hits it a mile) Fred Couples (he can hit every shot) or Zach Johnson(Masters winner out of UNLV) John should invest in a power chair. C-ya

4 comments:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Wow, so much thought into these things. JR said you all should have gone to the Buick Open cuz you can get closer to the players. He was checking out the crowds too. I just hope you all have a great time in June!

P.S. Sorry, had to delete my other comment, as there were some typos. Imagine that!

Fickle Obsessor said...

Went to the Buick this past weekend and watching Phil was no big deal. Everybody was following Tiger and only about 100 people were with Phil. Where did you see that they're making hole 13 625 yards??? There isn't any room to move back the tee box unless they build a platform over the ocean. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Fickle Obsessor said...

I just read an article in USA Today online. They had a graphic of where they will put the new tee box. They're going to have to pull up the fence that's there right now. That hole really needed a new tee box to be difficult. With the offshore winds blowing, I reach that green on my second shot with a 4 or 5 iron. Can't wait to play Torrey again, and can't wait to experience the Open.